Course DescriptionThis course is for the design student who needs a comprehensive and intensive introduction to Illustrator. Learn to draw, delineate, and design electronically with this standard vector-based illustration and graphic design program. Create curves, lines, and shapes to make objects that can be colored, manipulated, moved, duplicated, scaled, and rotated, generating smooth-lined, clean, scalable graphics or artwork for both print and the Web. Use this course to make Illustrator an integral part of your digital graphics tool kit. Prerequisite: Mac or PC basics. Some prior exposure to Illustrator or Adobe products is desirable.
- Incorporate and display text around or within the object.
- How to create an artboard.
- How to create a basic image using simple shapes, selecting and editing, and the Shaper Tool.
- How to use the Pen Tool and Brushes.
- How to create a logo.
- Image tracing.
- How to create basic Infographics.
- How to create an animated GIF.
- Gain confidence with the software.
- Build expertise in drawing techniques.
- Learn how to analyze, organize and build graphics, complete exercises and projects that extend your skills.
- Understand the process required to start and complete a digital production.
- Express ideas using vector art.
- Improve and understand the role of hand drawing skills within illustrator.