About This Certificate
Today’s graphic, Web, and interactive designers must constantly adapt to new technologies and changing visual culture. Our graphic design program places you ahead of the curve. Courses enhance your basic skills in concept, type, layout, and color while providing training in industry-standard software.
Total Courses: 5 required courses plus a minimum of 3 electives
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in 18 months.
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
What You’ll Gain
- Basic design skills including concept, type, layout, and color
- An understanding of the relationship between photography, type, color, and other elements that yield a legible, compelling composition
- Training in industry-standard software
- Fluency in the process of conceptualization, design development, and execution
- Software skills include: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Cloud
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- In-person and online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Who Should Enroll
- Students interested in visual communication
- Graphic designers who want to master current best practices and software programs
- Other design professionals who are interested in incorporating graphic design, illustration, multimedia design, and package design into their work
- Digital designers and Web developers who need to learn the basics of graphic design and explore print formats
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.