Enrollment Update: Preview fall adult courses and register for remaining summer courses now. Browse all

Obtaining Official Transcripts

Transcripts issued by the Registrar's Office carry the signature and seal of The New School. A transcript is confirmation of a student's permanent record at the university. Students may request that their transcript be mailed to other colleges and institutions. The New School has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be delays in the processing of paper transcripts. There is no charge for this service.

Tax Information for Continuing Education Students

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires educational institutions to report on IRS Form 1098-T amounts paid for qualified tuition-related expenses only. This applies to courses where credit was earned. The IRS does not allow The New School to report noncredit courses. Please consult your tax advisor or IRS Publication 970 to see whether you can claim tuition and related expenses that are not reported on an IRS Form 1098-T.

Tax Information for International Students

F-1 students and J-1 exchange visitors should familiarize themselves with the IRS tax requirements and filing obligations for tax years in which they are present in the United States. Please review The New School's Tax Information page for more information.

Required fields are indicated by .