About Online Learning
Online Continuing and Professional Education courses are designed to offer a personalized, faculty-led, collaborative learning experience through which students can achieve their goals. Study on your own weekly schedule using a best-in-class online platform while industry experts guide your progress every step of the way. Hundreds of annual online course offerings allow you to advance your learning anywhere in the world.
Convenience and Flexibility
Immerse yourself in the vibrant New School community through video lectures and in-depth discussion groups, using our Canvas Learning Management System and Zoom online conferencing platform. Many course elements are even accessible by smartphone. If you are enrolled and already have a New School NetID, we encourage you to see our tips for using Canvas and Zoom.
- The New School boasts a global network of like-minded individuals from a range of disciplines and backgrounds, which enriches the online learning experience.
- Each online course is carefully created by faculty and offers a unique learning opportunity.
- Our online courses mirror our on-site classes. They are typically small seminars, which ensures personalized instruction by New School professors as well as extensive discussion.
- You will always have direct contact with your instructor and peers as you progress through discussions, projects, and open questions.
- Our synchronous "live" lectures also offer demos, student interaction, and real-time critiques.
Online Certificate Programs
Earn a credential that employers, peers, and collaborators will notice — a Parsons certificate in some of the fastest-growing fields, from data visualization and user experience design to leadership, business, and marketing. Our noncredit certificate programs supply working professionals with tools that foster professional development and support entrepreneurship.