About This Program
Study art and design from anywhere in the world in this four-week, three-credit intensive program that includes a combination of synchronous and asynchronous online learning experiences. You'll study with Parsons' world-class faculty in real-time and benefit from hands-on project-based learning in small cohorts featuring group and individual instruction. Our online studio classes tailored to high-schoolers preparing to apply for college are academically rigorous and artistically stimulating, including virtual events such as art and design field trips, guest speakers from industry, and portfolio reviews.
Format: Online Combined Synchronous/Asynchronous
What You'll Gain
- Deeper understanding of fine arts and design in a variety of specialized fields
- Technical and creative skills necessary for success in future art and design programs
- Three college credits
- Portfolio preparation for admission to an art and design college
How You'll Learn
- Individualized instruction in both live and self-paced sessions
- One-on-one critiques and feedback from expert faculty members
- Community building through small class sizes
- Structured time away from the computer in which you investigate material for class assignments such as world events, social issues, and your own experiences and interests
The program will run in July 2022, with six hours of creative programming each day, four days a week, Monday-Thursday, with the exception of week 1, when they will meet Tuesday-Friday due to the observance of the Independence Day holiday on July 4, 2022. The program features core classes, all for college credit, that focus on exploration of fine arts, design, design strategies, and portfolio development.
Session Dates: July 5 - July 28
All courses are hybrid synchronous/asynchronous and meet from 11a.m. to 5p.m. ET. Please check the corresponding course time range in your time zone.
June 30, 2022
You may register for one course per session from our website. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
$3,950 plus fees
Students enrolled earn grades and three college credits upon successful completion of the program. We strongly recommend that participants consult an academic advisor at their home institution for further details of approval, transfer, and fulfillment of graduation requirements.
Academic Transcript Request
The New School has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. During the pandemic, only official PDF copies of New School transcripts will be issued. Official PDF transcripts are free of charge.
After you request your transcript from the National Student Clearinghouse, your transcript will be mailed electronically to you or another recipient, such as a university, that you have designated. If you are sending your transcript to a college or university, make sure the school accepts electronic PDF transcripts as official, and keep in mind the following when ordering:
- The transcript link for the requestor has a 30-day time limit.
- Once the transcript is downloaded, there's no expiration date.
- Unlimited views are allowed.
- Printing is allowed.
- Copying is not allowed.
Summer Intensives Online (July 5 - July 28) Refund SchedulePlease note: All refund schedules are effective until 11:59pm ET on a specified date.
|Course Drop or Withdrawal Date||Percentage of Tuition Refunded|
|On or before June 1||100|
|June 2 through June 15||50|
|June 16 and later||0|
Attendance and Workload
Classes convene twice daily. Each day, students participate in live sessions (one to two hours) using video conferencing. Between live gatherings, students participate in self-paced sessions (two to three hours). Students have opportunities to meet one-on-one with their professor each week and receive feedback on their progress. Courses are supplemented by special guest lectures, events with the Parsons Admission team, portfolio reviews, and virtual field trips.
True to Parsons’ innovative learning style, this program incorporates structured time away from the computer during which students investigate world events, social issues, and personal experiences and interests as material for class assignments.
Students must demonstrate English language proficiency, as classes are taught in English. A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 79 or higher on the Internet-based course, an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 or higher, or a DET (Duolingo English Test) score of 105 or higher is required. Visit TOEFL, IELTS, or DET for more information.
What You'll Need
- A modern computer and mouse
- Headphones, a microphone, and a webcam
- A stable high-speed Internet connection
- A digital Camera (mobile device cameras are suitable)
- Students will have free access to Adobe Creative Cloud for Students
- Supplies on class list (estimated cost: $200)
Summer Intensive Studies 2022 Scholarship