About This Certificate
This certificate program develops your understanding of spatial and structural design through two- and three-dimensional drawing and sketching, hand drafting, and computer modeling. You build foundational skills in interior design concepts ranging from spatial relationships and circulation to client psychology.
Total Courses: 6 required courses plus a minimum of 2 electives
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in 18 months.
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
What You’ll Gain
- An understanding of the effects of color, texture, and materials in interiors
- Proficiency in hand-drafting formal drawings including floor plans, elevations, and reflected ceiling plans
- In-depth knowledge of the core design elements of scale, proportion, balance, and ambience
- The ability to use the industry software tools Rhino and AutoCAD
- An understanding of trade information and project sequencing
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- In-person and online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Who Should Enroll
- Creative professionals developing skills that can be applied to space planning or decorative arts
- Architects who want to expand their portfolios to include interior space planning
This program cannot be used toward the educational requirements for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam. One must complete a degree program in Interior Design comprised of for-credit courses to qualify to take the NCIDQ exam.
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.