About This Certificate
Only Parsons, a top-ranked design school, can give you a 360-degree immersion in fashion design, trends, and techniques. This program supports your design vision while cultivating foundational technical skills, from concept development and sketching to sewing, construction, draping, patternmaking, and textile selection.
Format: Fully Online or Hybrid
Total Courses: 6 required courses plus a minimum of 2 electives
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in 18 months.
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
What You’ll Gain
- The ability to create fashion sketches from model images and live models and create fashion flats and fashion illustrations
- The skill to conduct creative research and apply it to concept development
- Familiarity with all the tools and materials needed to drape muslin patterns, make flat patterns, and construct garments
- Expertise in identifying various fabric types, yardage specifications, notions, trimmings, and sewing supplies
- Knowledge about the role of sustainability in the textile industry
- Exposure to a variety of methods and practices used in sewing, construction, and garment design
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration and video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone interested in the design side of the fashion industry
- Creative individuals who want to use fabric and fashion design to develop and realize their vision
- Fashion professionals seeking to advance their practice
- Entrepreneurs learning about garment construction before launching their own companies
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.