Develop your ability to draw from observation, a cornerstone of visual expression, in this hands-on live session online fine arts studio. You’ll explore unique locations, spaces, objects, and people that inspire to complete portraits, landscapes, and imaginative projects. Develop your skill in using the language of mark making, including line, value, texture, and composition. Students view current exhibits through virtual field trips and are visited online by working artists.
Course Length - Online & On Campus 11 weeks
See Access to Campus guidelines for on-campus sections.
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the diverse ways to approach drawing and painting and be able to apply the best methods and materials to accomplish a particular goal.
- Understand the concepts that govern realistic representation
- Be able to create effective, interesting compositions and develop drawings on thematic, conceptual, and sequential basis.
- Have the tools to evaluate work of any kind using a range of investigative ideas.
- Discuss drawing and painting intellectually, contextually, and ascetically.
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.