About This Program
Online for Spring 2021
Parsons Academy offers a variety of art and design courses for students in grades 3 through 12 in subjects ranging from fine arts to design disciplines such as fashion, graphic design, architecture, animation, and more. Included are specialized portfolio development courses. Classes meet over 11 Saturdays in both fall and spring semesters.
In Spring 2021, Parsons Academy will be offered exclusively online with synchronous "real-time" instruction. We also offer a five-week online asynchronous Portfolio Development Strategies course for students in grades 9 through 12. These students may take a series of courses to complete the certificate program. Parsons Academy also offers a two-week program in August.
What You'll Gain
- Understanding of a variety of art and design disciplines
- Deepened skills and technical knowledge and expanded artistic abilities
- Guidance and feedback from Parsons' renowned faculty
- Opportunities to collaborate with fellow students
How You'll Learn
- Specialized expert instruction
- Group and individual critiques from faculty
You may register for one course per semester from our website. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are accepted in the order in which they are received. Early application is strongly encouraged.
January 23-April 10
$483 plus fees
Students will need the following supplies for online courses:
- A modern computer and mouse
- Headphones, a microphone, and a webcam
- A stable high-speed Internet connection
- A digital Camera (mobile device cameras are suitable)
- Supplies from the list that is distributed on the first day of class (estimated cost: $75)
- Some courses require access to Adobe Creative Cloud; please check the course description. To purchase a subscription, go to Adobe Creative Cloud for Students.
The noncredit Parsons Academy Certificate program supports students in grades 9 through 12 as they create a college admission portfolio. Our world-class faculty help students employ basic skills and original thinking in a collaborative environment.
The Parsons Scholars program is a college preparatory program that makes Parsons available to talented students who might not otherwise have such an opportunity. The program offers multi-year scholarships to students attending New York City public high schools.