In this studio students learn the fundamentals of wardrobe styling. Students will have the opportunity to learn some of the core requirements that come with being a stylist, including imagination, research, communication, and collaboration. Students will develop the skill of processing ideas to build mood boards and have the chance to see some of their ideas come to life. This leads to firsthand experiences that teach students how to creatively and technically adjust for both on and off figure styling. Ultimately students will explore how to use clothing as a vehicle for storytelling.
- Design a cohesive mood board to establish creative direction
- Source fashion product and materials according to an assigned budget
- Personalize and customize basic garments
- Dress 3D forms (mock ups) and live models
- Produce a photo shoot Understand and meet the needs of a client to inform presentations
- Demonstrate an understanding of an art/design studio practice by participating in a variety of activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques