Learn the fundamentals of three-dimensional architectural design in this hands-on live session online design studio. Develop professional skills in field research, schematic drawing, and model making by completing studio projects involving conceptual and concrete architectural problems. Develop an awareness of scale, form, and spatial relationships, essential for interpreting the built environment. Virtual field trips to design firms and architecturally significant buildings help you understand what it means to be an architect. Drawing is incorporated into the studio projects.
Course Length - On Campus 11 weeks
See Access to Campus guidelines for on-campus sections.
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore specific techniques and methods as a form generating tools
- Current cross-disciplinary issues and their influence in the generation of concept and form
- Investigate how specific programs and techniques can create design opportunities and unexpected results
- Represent conceptual solutions via two as well as three dimensional representations
- Understand scale and structure as it relates to the human form
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.