Course DescriptionLearn the fundamentals of Illustration in this hands-on live session online design studio. Illustrators are visual thinkers who create comics, computer and film animation, video games, children’s books, graphics for skateboards, images for magazines and newspapers, and many other kinds of visuals. Students are introduced to the types of projects contemporary illustrators work on and helps them develop their skills and style. This course requires access to Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent free/affordable digital drawing apps.
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Illustrate objects elements with an understanding of tone, style, shading, composition, and perspective.
- Gain mastery over some basic visual principles like multi-tone drawing and light washes and combining painting and drawing.
- See out projects from beginning to completion, utilizing both visual strategies and time management principles.
- Gain a higher degree of self-evaluation, critical thinking, and an understanding of where their work fits into the history of visual art. Students will gain a wider degree of research abilities and a stronger grasp of how to utilize research.
- Consider not only in visual dimensions but also how to prepare work for print.
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.