In this class students are introduced to art studio practice. Students intermix art materials and found objects as they explore the basics of 2D and 3D art and design. Fun and challenging projects cover a spectrum of media that may include drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, and sculpture. This is a course for the creative thinker no matter what their skill set.
Course Notes: For the online sections of this course, all field trips and guest speaker presentations occur as virtual events and experiences.
- Gain confidence in their work and in their identity as a young artist
- Learn to take risks and step outside of their comfort zone
- Become more literate with materials beyond pen/marker and paper
- Collect their own ideas in a sketchbook and translate smaller ideas into larger projects
- Finish a project and take pride in their work through critiques and the general care of finished work in order to preserve them for future portfolios and or exhibition
- Demonstrate an understanding of an art/design studio practice by participating in a variety of activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques