Course DescriptionExplore and make art in a variety of mediums in this hands-on live session online art studio. Intermix art materials and found objects as you explore the basics of 2D and 3D design. Fun and challenging projects cover a spectrum of media that may include drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, and sculpture.
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain confidence in their work and in their identity as a young artist.
- Learn to take risks and step outside of their comfort zone.
- Become more literate with materials beyond pen/marker and paper.
- Collect their own ideas in a sketchbook and translate smaller ideas into larger projects.
- Finish a project and take pride in their work through critiques and the general care of finished work in order to preserve them for future portfolios and or exhibition.
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.