This course aims to provide students with the fundamental skills in working with Clo3D, a virtual clothing and soft-goods design and digital pattern-making software. Students will gain the skills necessary to navigate the industry-standard software, so that they can begin to create virtual 3D samples and generate patterns that can be printed for physical samples. Students will learn best practices and workflow while putting together a completed virtual 3D look.
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- Competently navigate a virtual 3D space
- Competently employ basic and intermediate sewing and trim tools within Clo3D
- Competently employ basic and intermediate pattern making tools within Clo3D
- Acquire an initial vocabulary of technical knowledge regarding clothing design, construction, and fabrication
- Understand how to create basic custom notions, i.e. buttons, sequins/paillettes, rivets, etc.
PrerequisitesAccess to the Clo3D software and a computer system that can run the program. You can verify the system requirements for Clo software here.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Clo3D Virtual Fashion Design Certificate : Required Courses