About This Certificate
In this certificate program, you learn to use the industry-standard fashion design software Clo3D for design development and presentation. This software eliminates the need for a traditional sewing studio and reduces consumption of materials.
Your study of Clo3D enables you to create virtual 3D samples using best practices and workflow, providing you with basic knowledge of patternmaking and digital pattern files. You learn how to instantly modify patterns, fit, and fabrication, with the ability to view changes in colors, prints, and graphics. Finally, you create a presentation-ready 3D environmental space with high-quality rendered images and animations.
Total courses: 4
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in one year.
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
What You’ll Gain
- Virtual 3D garment/soft-goods building and design skills
- The terminology needed for communication between designers, patternmakers, and factories
- An understanding of BOMs (bills of materials) and colorways
- The ability to create virtual 3D environments and objects
- The skills needed to develop and style personalized avatars
- The ability to execute animated videos and rendered images
- Software skills include: Clo3D
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone interested in creating virtual 3D fashion or soft-goods samples
- Independent designers and patternmakers
- Fashion professionals seeking to advance their practice
- Students and professionals considering moving into a fashion career
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.