The need for the fashion system to change in response to the industry's environmental and humanitarian burdens has become more urgent during this time of momentous change. A sustainability revolution in fashion is taking place to bring greater relevance to the industry and address its outmoded and destructive qualities. Likewise, imagination and guiding support can help the next generation of fashion leaders find new creative solutions and make their field more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable. This course, designed for fashion professionals at all levels, invites you use your business, project, or idea as a case study for driving industry change. You will leave this course with a well-resolved, actionable portfolio piece or plan ready for implementation. This course challenges you to seize the current moment, exercise your industry position, and apply essential knowledge to affect bold, positive change and lead within your organization. Learn to be a change catalyst, activating your ingenuity and sustainability-focused innovation with stakeholders across the entire value chain.
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- Gain an understanding of the environmental and social issues linked to the current global fashion industry across the entire value chain
- Be able to identify a strategic sustainability problem/omission/gap within your organization as an opportunity for you to create change
- Demonstrate ability in imagining piloting projects, and testing ideas in the context of sustainability that can be put into practice in your organization
- Demonstrate the ability to find your own sustainable mission and values while creating a personalized sustainability action plan.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate your idea effectively through multimedia as appropriate, written, verbal, visual, digital, and physical materials.