Course DescriptionMost of the world's data has been generated within the past few years. In order for any of that data to serve a purpose, it must be analyzed and ultimately visualized. The process of unlocking insights and potential within a data set requires strong analytical skills and in-depth understanding, both of which are a necessity in any modern work environment. In order to produce successful visualizations, you must first be able to successfully analyze the data you plan to represent. This course enables students to develop the necessary strong data analytics skills, specifcally through the lens of visualization and with the ultimate goal of creating visual representations of that information. It covers basic SQL skills and other data analysis tools widely used in the industry. Counts as a required course toward the certificate in Infographics and Data Visualization.
- A high-level understanding of the different areas of focus within data & analytics
- The ability to work with data to create purposeful data visualizations
- Basic knowledge of Excel and SQL
- Working knowledge of the data analysis lifecycle from defining a problem to delivering a data-driven solution
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Infographics and Data Visualization Certificate : Required Courses