This course examines fundamental marketing concepts in the global fashion marketing environment. Students explore consumer insights, positioning, competitive advantage, and channel decisions using both theoretical and practical approaches. Students analyze and identify target markets and become aware of key marketing decisions as they develop a global marketing plan for a fashion company. Prerequisites: none.
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- Situation analysis: What is marketing: Yves Saint Laurent: Re-Branding an Icon.
- Situation analysis: Customer: Consumer Behavior and the Buying Process: What women want. Why Consumer Culture is Generic.
- Situation analysis: Company & Context (SWOT Analysis): Looking outside for threats and opportunities. Looking inside for strengths and weaknesses.
- Situation analysis: Competitors & Collaborators: The Five competitive forces that shape strategy.
- Market analysis: Segmentation & Targeting: Market Customization: Market Segmentation: Targeting Positioning – US Brands’ many routes to Europe.
- Market analysis: Positioning: Three questions you need to ask about your brand.
- Branding: Differentiation that customers value.
- Tactical Plans: Advertising.
- Tactical Plans: Digital Strategy and Social Media.
- Marketing Strategy/Marketing Plans.
- Have an understanding of key marketing terminology surrounding product and service marketing
- Use analytical skills related to social, economic and cultural segmentation in current consumer markets
- Gain the ability to implement decisions based on value proposition of local and global fashion companies
- Develop a formal marketing plan.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fashion Design Certificate : Elective Courses