Course DescriptionThis course provides an overview of presentation graphics through the use of the Adobe Creative Suite in the order of Adobe Photoshop (5 weeks), Illustrator (5 weeks), and InDesign (2 weeks). Weekly homework assignments and projects will provide students with a basic understanding of each software program and how they can best be utilized for different tasks and techniques in creating digital design work. Students will learn about how these programs are used in a variety industry and professional applications. Close attention will be paid to proper execution and technique.
- How to master beginner and intermediate concepts in graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite.
- How to edit, retouch, and correct photographic images.
- How to draw detailed logos and computer illustrations.
- How to create image/illustration composites.
- How to accurately and efficiently layout a variety of publications.
- How to integrate the uses of all three Adobe graphics applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic and Digital Design Certificate : Elective Courses