Course DescriptionLearn 3D model creation with Maya—for professional growth and for personal maker projects. Maya is a versatile high-end modeling and animating tool used by artists, game designers, and makers and in the visual effects industry. Build original models or combine imported content to create 3D layouts of concepts and story ideas. Covered in this course are the fundamentals of building models, character design and control, and creating objects ready for 3D printing. The course also surveys the interconnectivity of Maya with other 2D and 3D software for the furthering of ideas and workflows. Basic animation techniques are also introduced. Prerequisites: none.
- Create polygon-based 3D models of objects.
- Learn how to build and rig (control) a basic character.
- Understand how to make 3D printable objects.
- Learn to light and apply shaders to objects for visual effect.
- Explore the interconnection between software to create a 3D workflow.
- Work with dynamic simulations for creating visual effects.
- Understand how to create with 3D art software.
- Apply Maya fundamental concepts to other 3D application.
- Leverage Photoshop and Illustrator techniques for creating 3D models in Maya and other software.
- Complete 3D objects and learn how to combine with other assets to express ideas on screen or as 3D prints.
- Build a simple character ready for animation with a rig for ease of movement.