Course DescriptionAffordable and professional desktop editing software has given all filmmakers an economical and time-efficient way to edit films using the same tools as professionals. Through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises, this course offers a conceptual and technical introduction to post-production and nonlinear editing.
- How to create transitions, filters, titles, layered audio, and multiple versions.
- Editing conventions and the aesthetics of montage, continuity, and pacing.
- Workflow, HD video formats, and basic functionality of Avid Media Composer on Macintosh computers.
- How to organize media, edit picture and sound, and output to various formats.
- Students learn techniques with the use of professional footage.
- An appreciation for and understanding of editing techniques and the creative process this stage of production affords.