Course DescriptionTo realize an artistic vision in film requires an in-depth understanding of the technology, process, and tools used. In this workshop, students explore advanced concepts and techniques in film and digital media production through a series of exercises that evolve into increasingly complex collaborative projects.
- Technical and conceptual fundamentals necessary for the planning, production, and editing of a short 16mm non-sync (MOS) sound film.
- Familiarity with operation of Bolex camera, tripod, and digital audio recorder.
- Fundamental theoretical and practical understanding of film stock, film speed, lenses, principles of exposure, basic lighting, and audio recording.
- Basic working knowledge of digital editing.
- Greater fluency in the communicative language of cinema and expressive techniques including shot structure, composition, continuity and coverage.
- Appreciation for modes of filmic expression beyond the conventional narrative.
- Refined understanding of one’s own personal aesthetics and voice.
- On-set experience crewing on one another’s productions.
- Preparation for more ambitious film projects.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Film Production Certificate : Required Courses