About This Certificate
Master the art and craft of filmmaking. Students explore all aspects of filmmaking and professional development, including pre-production planning, producing, writing, cinematography, directing, and editing and other post-production steps. By successfully completing courses that cover a range of technical and aesthetic aspects of production and cinematic practice, certificate students emerge prepared for industry work. Learn from our faculty of experienced teachers and working filmmakers.
Total Courses: 8
Price: $790–$1,685 per course
For more information, view a list of frequently asked questions.
What You’ll Gain
- Hands-on instruction in cinematography, lighting, script writing, directing, pre- and post-production, and editing
- The opportunity to develop a finished final film project
How You’ll Learn
- Exclusive insights and instruction from documentary and narrative filmmakers and artists
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Public presentations and mentored project development and production
- Opportunities to engage in programs with local film institutions, centers, and festivals
Who Should Enroll
- Aspiring filmmakers at any level of experience
- Anyone who aspires to learn the theory and technical skills behind the art of filmmaking