About This Certificate
Master the art and craft of filmmaking. Students explore all aspects of filmmaking and professional development, including pre-production planning, producing, writing, cinematography, directing, and editing and other post-production steps. By successfully completing courses that cover a range of technical and aesthetic aspects of production and cinematic practice, certificate students emerge prepared for industry work. Learn from our faculty of experienced teachers and working filmmakers.
This certificate is offered through The School of Media Studies at The New School.
Total Courses: 8
Price: $790–$1,685 per course
For more information, view a list of frequently asked questions.
What You’ll Gain
- Hands-on instruction in cinematography, lighting, script writing, directing, pre- and post-production, and editing
- The opportunity to develop a finished final film project
How You’ll Learn
- Exclusive insights and instruction from documentary and narrative filmmakers and artists
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Public presentations and mentored project development and production
- Opportunities to engage in programs with local film institutions, centers, and festivals
Who Should Enroll
- Aspiring filmmakers at any level of experience
- Anyone who aspires to learn the theory and technical skills behind the art of filmmaking