About This Certificate
This certificate is an introduction to the world of the manufactured object. Students learn how to design, prototype, and launch product ideas for today’s circular economy. By gaining familiarity with the process of design and the use of digital tools, students learn how to develop potential solutions to problems of today and the future. Students are encouraged to design with personal, social, political, and ecological goals in mind. In course projects, they explore the use of additive manufacturing to create groundbreaking products by transforming blue-sky ideas into physical prototypes.
additive manufacturing prototyping product design 3D printing CAD software branding marketing
What You’ll Gain
- Knowledge of sustainable materials and manufacturing methods
- Basic CAD (computer-aided design) software skills
- Familiarity with 3D printing (additive manufacturing) processes
- Mastery of post-processing and DIY making techniques
- A basic understanding of branding and marketing
- Familiarity with website and Social Media Best Practices
- Crowdfunding and e-commerce expertise
- The ability to write press releases
- Knowledge of packaging and shipping
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.
Who Should Enroll
- Interior designers
- Fashion designers
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Why The New School?
The professional landscape as we've known it has changed dramatically, and ongoing learning is more important now than ever before. At The New School, we champion every student's creativity and growth. By combining integrated disciplines with collaborative problem solving, we deliver an immersive, transformative learning experience. With the leadership of Parsons School of Design—a globally top-ranked design school—our faculty imparts the critical expertise students need to advance their careers or pivot to a new one in a constantly evolving world.
Begin by completing one of the required courses or purchasing the certificate as a bundle at a discounted price. This certificate must be completed within two years. Have questions? Call us at 332.239.2292, email email@example.com, or reach out to us via LiveChat.