About This Certificate
Learn the technical skills required to make successful images while dissecting the process behind creating photographs. By understanding the camera and history of image making, you’ll gain knowledge of ISO, aperture, and shutter speeds along with workflow, composition, and storytelling. Hone your artistic perspective and leave with a complete photo series for your portfolio.
Total Courses: 3 courses
Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
Material Requirements: Students must have access to Adobe Lightroom Classic, a digital camera capable of shooting in manual mode with RAW files, camera lens(es), memory card (CF, SD), and external HDD/SSD drives.
What You’ll Gain
- An understanding of how images are constructed using ISO, shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, and composition
- The ability to manage, organize, and process your photographs for personal work and client outputs
- Knowledge of photo history through composition studies
- An understanding of the basic camera setting for shooting in manual mode
- Development of your artistic voice and eye for image making
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their field
- Online collaboration and video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Who Should Enroll
- Hobbyists or amateur photographers looking to better understand their camera and how to create professional-quality photographs
- Professionals in any field who want to improve their images for social media content or marketing
- Creatives looking to add a new skill to their résumés
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.