About This Certificate
The ESL + University Preparation Certificate program (ESL + University Prep) prepares students for success in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at The New School or another U.S. institution. The program is tailored to each student's degree objective and area of study. Students take a structured set of intensive academic courses in English as a second language (ESL), receiving instruction in reading, writing, listening and speaking, and grammar. In addition, students at the advanced level engage in subject-related language training and activities.
Total Courses: 4
Price: Tuition for English language courses is charged per course.
ESL + University Preparation is one of four flexible pre-enrollment programs for international and multilingual students who need to improve their English language skills in order to be admitted to an academic degree program in the United States.
What You’ll Gain
- Skills in English language speaking, reading, and writing, along with college application preparation
- Knowledge of the vocabulary of your chosen field
- Familiarity with academic expectations and culture in U.S. university settings
How You’ll Learn
- A mixture of synchronous and asynchronous online classes each week
- Carefully designed assignments with exciting materials to watch, read, and write about
- Individualized feedback on your speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar
- One-on-one or small-group video conferences
Who Should Enroll
- International and multilingual students who need to improve their English language skills in order to be admitted to an academic degree program in the United States