About This Certificate
In this project-based certificate program, you’ll get firsthand experience researching, brainstorming, prototyping, and user testing. By applying core human-centered design skills and using cutting-edge UX tools, you’ll create websites and mobile apps that are usable, accessible, and desirable.
user testing user research protyping UX design information architecture (IA) wireframing interaction design content strategy user journey animation Google Analytics portfolio development
What You’ll Gain
- The ability to distill insights from UX research into an actionable IxD strategy
- Familiarity with interaction design career opportunities
- Knowledge of terminology specific to the field
- The ability to design and run a usability study on your own product, site, or app
- Knowledge of the stages, frameworks, and uses of and tools for prototyping
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone interested in an introduction to user experience design
- Designers, developers, creative directors, entrepreneurs, and project managers
- Creative individuals pursuing a career in UX design
- Developers looking for opportunities to incorporate UX practices into their work
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Why The New School?
The professional landscape as we've known it has changed dramatically, and ongoing learning is more important now than ever before. At The New School, we champion every student's creativity and growth. By combining integrated disciplines with collaborative problem solving, we deliver an immersive, transformative learning experience. With the leadership of Parsons School of Design—a globally top-ranked design school—our faculty imparts the critical expertise students need to advance their careers or pivot to a new one in a constantly evolving world.
Begin by completing one of the required courses. This certificate must be completed within two years. Have questions? Call us at 332.239.2292, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to us via LiveChat.