Bring out buildings' best qualities through illumination. The Parsons Intensive Lighting Design Studio and Intensive Daylighting Design Studio are led by faculty members in the acclaimed MFA Lighting Design program and cover lighting concepts and new techniques for enhancing lighting design.
Parsons Intensive Lighting Design Studio is a week-long immersion experience. Targeted to practicing professionals, it offers expanded knowledge and capabilities in lighting design and experience with cutting-edge techniques in lighting design practice. The program includes hands-on exercises to demonstrate the role light can play in architectural environments and instruction in design techniques, enabling you to achieve excellence in lighting design.
Parsons Summer Intensive Daylighting Design Studio can be taken as a stand-alone course, a follow-up to the Parsons Summer Intensive Lighting Design Studio, or part of a package with the lighting design intensive (two weeks). The daylighting intensive explores daylight availability, fenestration opportunities, and the overall quality of daylighting through physical modeling and the use of the light lab's heliodon and diffuse sky simulator; analytical techniques are also discussed.
What You'll Gain
- The ability to improve the overall quality of daylighting through physical modeling
- Knowledge of analytical lighting and daylighting techniques
- Skill in cutting-edge lighting design practices
- An understanding of daylight availability and fenestration opportunities
- The ability to analyze the interaction between daylight and electric light and lighting controls
How You'll Learn
- Interaction with expert faculty
- Analysis of real projects around New York City
- Online collaboration in small classes
- Analytical discussions
Cancellations and Refunds
Students who registered online should withdraw using the online registration system. Students who registered by mail or in person must submit a withdrawal request in writing. To qualify for a refund of tuition, students must submit all withdrawal requests before the deadlines. Please check back for deadlines. Refund processing takes approximately four weeks.
Your notice of withdrawal can be emailed to email@example.com.
Note: If a course is canceled by Parsons, a full refund of tuition and housing fees will be issued automatically.