Bring out buildings' best qualities through illumination. The Parsons Intensive Lighting Design Studio is led by faculty members in the acclaimed MFA Lighting Design program and cover lighting concepts and new techniques for enhancing lighting design.
Parsons Intensive Lighting Design Studio is a week-long immersion experience. Targeted to practicing professionals, it offers expanded knowledge and capabilities in lighting design and experience with cutting-edge techniques in lighting design practice. The program includes hands-on exercises to demonstrate the role light can play in architectural environments and instruction in design techniques, enabling you to achieve excellence in lighting design.
What You'll Gain
- An immersive atelier-like design studio experience
- Knowledge of analytical lighting techniques
- Skill in cutting-edge lighting design practices
- Hands-on experience with lighting effects and measurement tools and techniques
How You'll Learn
- Interaction with expert faculty
- Analysis of real projects around New York City
- Collaboration in small classes
- Analytical and design interactions and discussions with your peers
Cancellations and Refunds
Students should withdraw using the online registration system. To qualify for a refund of tuition, students must submit all withdrawal requests before the deadlines. Refund processing takes approximately four weeks.
Refund Dates for the 2022 Session
|Course Drop or Withdrawal Date||Percentage of Tuition Refunded|
|On or before May 28||100|
|May 29 through June 4||50|
|June 5 and later||0|
Your notice of withdrawal can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If a course is canceled by Parsons, a full refund of tuition and housing fees will be issued automatically.