About This Program
Offered in partnership with China Resources Land, this pre-college program features Parsons' popular three-week Design Studio course in Shenzhen.
The Design Studio class will be taught by Parsons faculty. Coursework will be supplemented by guest lectures from Parsons Admissions counselors and working artists and designers. Recent Parsons graduates will serve as bilingual course assistants. Classes will also visit exhibitions and events in Shenzhen, using this dynamic city for inspiration and research.
What You'll Gain
- An introduction to Parsons’ design methodology, including research, concept development, sketching and prototyping, iterative project development, and written reflection
- An understanding of art and design disciplines, including fashion design, graphic design, and product design
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of sketching, drawing, and making techniques using Adobe Creative Suite, digital photography, and 3D materials and processes
- Instruction in effectively documenting work in analog and digital formats
- Expert advice on developing portfolio content and applying to top art and design colleges abroad
How You'll Learn
- Critiques from Parsons' renowned faculty in real time
- Small class sizes and community building
- Hands-on projects that build skills
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.–3:50 p.m., with a one-hour lunch break
Students must demonstrate English language proficiency as classes are taught in English. A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 79 or higher on the Internet-based course is required. Students may also submit an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 or higher or a DET (Duolingo English Test) score of 105 or higher. Visit TOEFL, IELTS, or DET for more information.This pre-college program is open to students between the ages of 16 and 19 who have not yet attended college. All students must be 16 years old by the start of the program. There are no exceptions to this requirement, as this course is for college credit.