About This Program
Mannes Prep combines a warm and supportive atmosphere with thorough pre-professional training. We welcome students ages 4-18 (pre-K through high school) at all levels, from beginners through advanced students aspiring to professional careers. Our continuing personal interest in the musical growth of each student is central to the spirit of Mannes.
Under the direction of award-winning faculty dedicated to creating a feeling of community, students at all levels and of all backgrounds flourish through ensembles, individual instruction, and music theory courses, learning to encourage one another to reach their full potential. Programs available include one for the very young (ages 4–6), the junior program (grades 1–4), the pre-senior program (grades 5–8), and the senior program (grades 9–12).
What You'll Gain
- Performance experience in our large ensembles
- One-on-one training with our world class faculty designed to nurture each student’s musicality and technical facility on their instrument
- High-quality Music Theory & Ear Training education
- Access to our exciting electives including chamber music, composition, film scoring, electronic music, conducting, music history, world music, jazz ensemble, and more
- An encouraging community of young musicians who have chosen to spend their Saturdays together, honing their craft and making music
How You'll Learn
- Private lessons with our distinguished faculty
- Theory and ear training classes in Mannes’ state-of-the-art facilities
- Performance opportunities in our orchestras, choruses, and many smaller chamber ensembles
Interested students should complete the Mannes Prep Online Application and pay the nonrefundable application fee of $75. New students are admitted to Mannes Prep after passing a faculty audition and a music theory placement test.
Returning students must renew by May 1 to ensure a place for the following year. Renewal instructions are emailed to families by the Prep office, and the process music must be completed and the non-refundable tuition deposit paid by May 1. Course schedules are emailed to continuing students shortly before the start of classes.
For more information about the admission or renewal process, please email us at email@example.com.