Course DescriptionFrom illustrations to copywriting, everyday artificial intelligence (AI) seems to be competing for the creative works that require training, process, and vision. This course will explore what it means to be a creative professional in the age of AI. By learning the foundational artificial intelligence concepts like expert systems and machine learning that are the different ways to develop AI and linking them to creative environments, students will gain hands-on experience using AI applications for a variety of creative work. Students will develop critical perspectives about the opportunities and limitations of applying AI to their creative work and/or organization. Students will leave the course with their own systems for applying AI tools effectively in their work or business. They will develop the ability to stay updated and assess new tools within the ever-changing technological landscape, empowering them to make informed decisions about incorporating AI into their creative career. The course will explore the following topics that have an impact on the creative industries: machine learning, computational creativity, design research, new media, artistic research, and AI ethics. There is no technical background required for this course.
- Key concepts of artificial intelligence, creativity studies, and their applications in creative works
- Multidisciplinary perspectives on the history and development of artificial intelligence
- Experience using AI applications for art and design works
- Develop perspective on the opportunities, limitations, and ethical considerations in applying AI to creative work and organizations
- Methods of evaluating and communicating business values of your creative works in constant technological change
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- AI for Creativity and Leadership Certificate : Required Courses