This course provides an overview of the methods and processes of design thinking and will be the foundational introduction for the subsequent courses. This course also helps students learn methods to set themselves up for success when implementing design thinking in their work and their lives.
Some of the questions that will be explored in this course would be:
- What is design thinking? What is key to practicing design thinking?
- Why has design thinking become so significant today?
- How does Design Thinking compare with other business based methodologies like Agile and Six Sigma?
- What does it take to effectively practice design thinking in my work and my life?
Course Length - Online 5 weeks
- An overview of the design thinking methodology and process
- Why it is so relevant today through a collaborative analysis of today’s businesses and organizations through case studies and discussions.
- What is Design Thinking able to deliver and what it can’t
- How it compares with other business processes
- What it take to practice design thinking effectively