Craft and present your personal narratives via autobio and diary comics, and illustrated personal histories and essays. This course examines approaches to engaging and perceptive autobiography, balanced with illustration techniques for showcasing yourself as a main character. Center your philosophies and the way you see the world as you tell the stories that matter most to you.
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- Strategies for journaling your everyday life in words and picture
- Techniques for creating self-portraits, yourself as a cartoon character, and stand-in avatars
- Techniques for digging into your past and memory as a source for stories
- Techniques for reporting first-person illustrated journalism
- How to tell stories about yourself in ways that are compelling to others