This hands-on live session online art studio is for students interested in applying to specialized art high schools as well as those who wish to explore new techniques in drawing and painting. Students work in a variety of media and build a body of work through exploring themes. Students investigate media and process and communicate that learning in a presentation format.
Course Length - Online 11 weeks
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Collect their ideas and drawings in an art sketchbook/journal and translate those small ideas into larger projects
- Reflect on art history and seek contemporary solutions to traditional disciplines
- Develop ability and efficiency using a variety of materials on paper: water based paints, oil pastels, pencil, charcoal, ink, ink marker
- Talk about their work with increasing confidence and expand their art and design vocabulary
- Present finished work in a professional manner
- Bring their individual voice and approach to each assignment
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.