Create and share visual narratives through an exploration of digital media in this hands-on live session online digital studio. From the “selfie” to gif animation, digital media is altering the way we experience the world around us. In this introduction to digital media art, students use video, animation, digital photography, and Adobe software to create and visually express narratives of the world around them. The visual storytelling process includes creation of original mixed-media collages and time-based snapshots. This course requires access to an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (not included).
Course Length - Online 11 weeks
Learner OutcomesBy the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Have conversations about digital media art.
- Critique work in class.
- Share work and thoughts with peers.
- Demonstrate skills related to narrative, moving images, music, and sound.
- Use Photoshop and Premiere to edit and assemble images.
- Understand basic digital media art vocabulary and terminology.
- Show an understanding of the virtual art/design studio environment and practice by participating in a variety of synchronous (real-time interaction) activities including lectures, demos, and discussions; individual and collaborative exercises and projects; and self and peer critiques.