Course DescriptionThis course is an in-depth exploration of the business of graphic design and related professional practices, conducted through lectures, demonstrations, research, and studio work. Whether you intend to freelance, work in a small boutique office, or design at a large corporation, this course will help you understand what to expect. The course focuses on common design problems, including pricing, estimates, invoices, client relations, and professional conduct. Prerequisites: none.
- Understanding of contemporary business models in graphic design
- Understanding of principles of professional conduct
- Develop an understanding of common business practices (estimates, invoices, contracts, etc.).
- Improve your ability to communicate with clients and members of the creative team.
- Analyze peer and client behavior through listening and observing.