Students aspiring to become entrepreneurs in thenfashion industry examine the skills needed to conceive, finance, open, and operate a successful fashion business. Through collaborative research and hands-on practice, students learn the elements of opening a business and navigating the complexities of working with a team. They learn to create business models and structure legal business organizations and explore the details of financing. Prerequisites: none.
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- Fashion Industry: business structures and organizations.
- Who is the Fashion Entrepreneur? How to catalog strengths, skill sets. Leadership. See Opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial traits and responsibility, Networking, SWOT Analysis.
- How to spot emerging Business Trends: Technology, Sustainability, Collaborations, Disruptors.
- How to finance a start up, what’s needed. Crowdfunding. Investors. Grants. Incubators.
- A new idea. Running proof of concept.
- Why do so many fail. Leadership, Financing, Vision, Branding, Growth, Risk.
- Business model ideas. From online, to stores, to wholesale only. Combining multiple interests and passions.
- Future of fashion entrepreneurship.
- Product Supply Chain.
- Market Research – advantages and disadvantages.
- The Business Plan – skills.
- Online fashion business: importance of social media and consistent branding and networking.
- Recognize and create business opportunities.
- Understand the entrepreneurial process.
- Demonstrate understanding of entrepreneur traits and competitive advantages.
- Identify market research and branding importance.
- Engage in business plan strategy and writing strategic content.
- Define Fashion Business Opportunity.
- Identify Target Consumer.
- Build a strength in the market.