Course DescriptionThis class is for students who have a basic understanding of oil painting as well as the beginning oil painter. Students who wish to build a portfolio to apply for higher education will benefit from this class, as will those who want to improve their painting skills. Both painting from the figure and still life painting are explored. References to art history and contemporary artists are included to support student learning. Prerequisites: none.
- How to paint from direct observation with still lives and the human figure.
- Have an understanding of how to develop structure and form in the picture plane.
- How to use composition, spatial relationships, color theory and paint application to develop your own personal form of expression.
- To have an understanding of oil painting materials and techniques.
- To be able to use correct painting vocabulary.
- To feel comfortable mixing color and have an understanding of color theory techniques.
- To have an understanding of artists in art history.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fine Arts Certificate : Required Core Courses