Acquire a working knowledge of this industry-standard software, used for print, webpages, animation, presentation, video production, and enhancement of traditional and digital photography. Explore scanning and color correction, tools and layers for image compositing, elemental retouching, and type treatments. Prerequisite: familiarity with the Mac operating system, Photoshop Basics, or equivalent. Online students must have Photoshop CS or higher (Mac or Windows platform).
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- How to create images using Photoshop tools and techniques.
- How to use the Photoshop tools to develop a personal style.
- How to retouch and color correct photos and manipulate a variety of images.
- The many ways that Photoshop can be used as a creative tool for graphic designers and photographers.
- Become familiar with the theoretical framework for working with Photoshop.
- Gain a basic understanding of digital color and parameters for both print and web.
- Have a solid understanding of image size and resolution for both Web and print.
- Actively develop compositing and technical skills through the completion of assignments throughout the course.
- Gain articulate verbal skills through course discussion and critique of student work, both your own and that of your peers.
- Gain confidence in developing concepts through the discussion of assignment themes before beginning each assignment.
- Learn how to assess and improve your own work.
- Gain a basic understanding of industry standard practices.