Course DescriptionDid you ever wonder how Facebook is able to automagically display your most recent Instagram photos? What about the hidden forces that allow Dropbox to sync notes between your devices? If your answer is yes, then it’s time to learn about APIs! APIs, or Application Programming Interfaces, make it possible and easy for two independent systems to interface and communicate with each other. In this class, you will learn how to leverage APIs to integrate external data and superpower your creations.
- Understand how to build applications that interact with third-party services
- Be well-equipped to use any new RESTful API you might come across
- Understand different tools for working with APIs, such as in-browser development tools and Postman
- Understand different data types commonly used for/around APIs (JSON, XML, HTML)
- Understand the basics of why and how to build single-page applications vs. those with a server
- Understand how different authentication/authorization methods (like tokens, OAuth, and keys) for APIs work