93% of all Internet users browse the Internet via mobile devices every day. This course will take you through all the steps necessary from concept to prototype to achieve successful skillful mobile designs and presentations. Discover the most commonly used mobile design patterns and latest techniques relevant to websites, progressive web applications, mobile devices and new emerging devices. Acquire and apply the latest mobile design guidelines and best practices for iOS and Android for essential user experience and user interface design.
Course Length - Online 9 weeks
- Employ responsive design and the best practices of mobile usability to design mobile interfaces.
- Make lo-fidelity mockups and wireframes of designs prior to presenting and delivering a prototype or finished design in a prototyping app.
- Learn the right approaches for working with mobile constraints; smaller resolutions, bandwidth issues, lighting conditions, disrupted attention, data and performance limitations.
- Consider the unique strengths of mobile’s assets such as facial recognition, geolocation, gyroscope, fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, vertical format, to problem solve creatively.
- Learn the differences between native apps, web apps, progressive web apps, and hybrid apps and when to use which.
- Work with standard interaction design conventions like swiping carousels, drop down menus for multiple options, toggle switches for on/off states.
- Use motion, animations and transitions techniques to enrich the user experience.