Course DescriptionWith digital cameras and computer editing creating engaging, professional-quality moving images is within virtually everyone’s reach. Digital video is an exciting and powerful medium of expression, but knowing how to use the tools isn’t enough to enable you to create a coherent and articulate video project. This course can help artists in any genre create works that are both technically and conceptually sound. Students work toward this goal by learning digital video editing and using it to experience the power of editing as creative expression.
- How to create works in any genre that are both technically and conceptually sound.
- Digital video editing and its power as a form of creative expression.
- Production techniques, including the use of the digital camera, storyboarding, and basic lighting and sound.
- Students complete several short video projects during the term.
- In addition to hands-on experience, students benefit from receiving peer and instructor feedback on their individual projects.
- Students gain understanding of how media texts are constructed, how they convey meaning, and how they shape one another in significant ways.