Course DescriptionStudent filmmakers lay the groundwork for an advanced narrative, documentary, or experimental film project. Pre-requisite: Filmmaking Studio 1 (NFLM 0366) and Film 2: Intermediate Lab (NFLM 0362).
- How to develop a visual approach to written material by first examining a variety of approaches to visual storytelling, from the concept to dramatic structures, character development, tone, and style.
- How to find the right artistic and practical approaches to students’ own scripts while continuing to refine their stories.
- The important ways in which short films differ from full-length features.
- Each student develops a script for a seven- to ten-minute film based in or around New York City.
- Skills are gained in creating shot breakdowns, planning, budgeting, storyboarding, and location scouting.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Film Production Certificate : Required Courses