Course DescriptionTo realize an artistic vision in film requires an in-depth understanding of the technology, process, and tools used. In this workshop, students explore advanced concepts and techniques in film and digital media production through a series of exercises that evolve into increasingly complex collaborative projects. Pre-requisite: Filmmaking Studio 1 (NFLM 0366).
- Operation of advanced HD digital cameras, video formats and compression.
- Structure of a film crew and the responsibilities of its members.
- Lenses and lighting equipment and gripping.
- All phases of production including pre-production planning and breakdowns, production design, interior and exterior shooting, HD workflows, and field sound recording.
- Team-oriented collaboration, setting up and shooting several scenes in class and two scenes on location.
- Experience on different crew positions.
- Screening and critique of work in class.
- Technical mastery of filmmaking skills and collaboration needed to execute professional film and video projects.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Film Production Certificate : Required Courses