Course DescriptionThis course tracks the producer’s role, from the selection of material to the delivery of the production. Once a film is in pre-production, the producer is responsible for providing the best possible support system.
- How to organize all the film production elements, human and material, needed to implement the creative team's artistic vision.
- Familiarity with key producer responsibilities, such as legal and accounting work, revising the script, casting actors, finding props, wardrobe, and equipment within budget, and working with the director and editor during and after the shoot.
- Experience developing a professional-quality proposal.
- Invaluable experience in preparation for larger productions.
- Ability to assess technical materials and the skills and talents of above- and below-the-line personnel.