Course DescriptionThis course emphasizes core concepts and skills that equip students to work across media, whether radio, film or video, multimedia, or CD production. Working with analog and digital recording technologies and digital audio workstations (Macintosh computers and ProTools software), each student produces three projects. In-class listening, analysis and critique, and assigned readings provide support and context for production work.
- How to conceive and create your own audio project.
- Recording, editing, mixing, microphone techniques, and writing skills.
- How to develop content and form.
- Course provides production context for projects and prepares students for advanced work in audio and inter-media applications.
- Students build proficiency in audio specific production skills.