Course DescriptionThis course offers a critical exploration of the history and role of museums and focuses attention on the different elements that shape museums.
- Students learn the history of museums.
- Students learn the different components that form a museum (this includes collecting, display, education, accessibility and funding)
- Students learn to critically view and question representation within the museum.
- Discussion of how museums might better serve their communities.
- Discussion of how influences outside the museum affect what we experience inside the museum.