About This Certificate
Are machines taking over the creative industry? Is there a way to use this technology in our creative practice and organizations? In this certificate program, you explore what it means to be a creative professional and to lead an organization in the age of artificial intelligence (AI). You gain a basic understanding of AI and learn how to apply it in creative environments. You learn how to critically analyze the advantages and disadvantages of incorporating AI into creative work and organizations and examine case studies that demonstrate ways to apply AI in strategic situations and workflows. You also master the skills needed for staying up-to-date on and assessing AI tools, which enable you to make informed decisions about how to integrate AI into your practice.
The courses in this certificate program cover topics including machine learning, computational creativity, new media, AI ethics, creative team dynamics, self-governance, organizational strategies, and innovation. You leave the program equipped to evaluate AI tools and apply them effectively in your work or business. No technical background is required for this program.
Total Courses: 2 courses
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in six months.
Price: $1,585 per certificate bundle (see terms)
($1,760 if courses are purchased individually. Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.)
What You’ll Gain
- Knowledge of key concepts in artificial intelligence and creativity studies and their application in creative work
- Experience using AI applications in art and design work
- The ability to identify the opportunities, limitations, and ethical considerations involved in applying AI to creative work and organizations
- The ability to apply AI methods in strategic scenarios in the creative industries
- Best practices for creating learning environments in which team members can constructively engage with AI techniques and tools
- Techniques for communicating the creative and business value of AI and evaluating the effectiveness of AI in creative industries
- The ability to navigate the evolving technological, ethical, and legal landscape
- Knowledge of methods for assessing and communicating the business value of your creative works
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Who Should Enroll
- People with creative backgrounds who are interested in artificial intelligence but lack an understanding of the technology
- People interested in applying artificial intelligence in their creative practice and organizations
- Current or aspiring leaders working in a creative industry or those seeking to join a creative organization in the future
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.