About This Certificate
This certificate program gives you the industry knowledge and resources you need to enter the field of hospitality interior design. You develop a professional-level portfolio that includes plans for a restaurant, a bar, a hotel public space, and a guest room.
You also learn how to develop research-based hospitality concepts and dynamic storytelling presentations. You discover the importance of connecting people with place and find out how an understanding of psychology and emotional impact are used to create memorable hospitality guest experiences. With each project, you expand your design skills in space planning, sketching, 2D and 3D drawings, and furniture, fixtures, and equipment. You explore topics including health and wellness, sustainable design, remote work, and how these movements and phenomena affect the hospitality industry. You benefit from virtual field trips and exclusive interviews with industry experts.
Total Courses: 3
Time Commitment: Students typically complete this certificate in four months.
Price: $1,485 per certificate bundle (see terms)
($1,650 if courses are purchased individually. Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.)
What You’ll Gain
- An overview of the hospitality interior design industry, current trends, and key vocabulary
- The ability to create research-based concepts connecting people with place
- The ability to design visual storytelling presentations showcasing multisensory hospitality experiences
- The skills needed to design hospitality interior environments incorporating interior architectural design, lighting, furniture, materials, artwork, and accessories
- Proficiency in developing floor plans, sketches, and 2D and 3D drawings
- An understanding of how guest psychology and color theory affect the hospitality design process
- The ability to assess compliance with code and ADA safety and accessibility standards
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- In-person and online collaboration in small classes, supported by video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Who Should Enroll
- Students of interior design, architecture, and hospitality
- Professional interior designers and architects
- Anyone exploring an education or career in the hospitality interiors industry
- Hospitality owners, developers, and management
- Hospitality furnishings sales reps
- Graduates of the CPE Interior Design Certificate
This program cannot be used toward the educational requirements for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam. One must complete a degree program in Interior Design comprised of for-credit courses to qualify to take the NCIDQ exam.
What You’ll Earn
After completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to download and print a copy of your certificate and share it with your network. Your personal certificate will be accessible from your Student Portal.